Tenali is located in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. The Tenali Mandal and the Tenali revenue division are headquartered in this municipal town. Tenali is renowned for its art, cultural, drama and is hence often referred to as the Andhra Paris. It is a part of the capital region of Andhra Pradesh. Tenali is well connected to all the villages nearby. People from the rural areas often travel to Tenali to seek work. The city is rapidly developing. It has many modern amenities such as access to theatres, parks, shopping complexes, etc. Tenali is known for its three canals that run parallelly with roads in between. Tenali Ramakrishna, one of the 8 poets and court jesters of King Krishnadevaraya was from Tenali. The Andhra?Satavahana dynasty had ruled over the region from 225 B.C. to 225 A.D. Jainism and Buddhism flourished in the area as per the relics found in the excavations around the city. Tenali thrives on agriculture and trade. The Krishna River provides irrigation to the agricultural lands around the city. The major crops cultivated at Tenali include black gram, maize and jowar. Trading and exporting agricultural products take place at the Tenali Agriculture Market yard. The Vaikuntapuram Venkateswara temple, the Iglesia Ni Cristo church and Chinaravuru park are places worth visiting in Tenali.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.