Tadipatri is a town in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It is also known by the name of Tadpatri. Tadipatri city functions as the headquarter of the Tadipatri Mandal in the Anantapur revenue division. The Tadipatri municipality is a first-grade municipality which was constituted in the year 1920. It is divided into 34 wards for effective administration. The city is located at the border of Kadapa and Kurnool district. The ancient and world-famous Chintala Venkataramana Temple which sprawls over a five-acre area is located in Tadipatri. The Penna river flows through the city. The Bugga Ramalingeswara Temple, located within one kilometer from Tadipatri, is known for its Shiva Lingam which seated on a pedestal that is filled with water at all times from a small spring. These temples bring a lot of devotees and tourists to Tadipatri from the neighboring areas. Tadipatri has cement grade limestone deposits. These limestone reserves largely contribute the economy of the city. Tadipatri has a treasure-house of beautiful ancient sculptures from the Vijayanagara empire.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.