sultan Pur Majra is located in the North West district of Delhi. It is a census town and an integral part of the National Capital Region of India or NCR. This city has more than 1.6 lakh people who mostly speak in Hindi and English. The residents of this town mostly work in various service sectors of the NCR region. Sultan Pur Majra is being rapidly developed into a residential city. Modern amenities such as educational institutes, entertainment facilities, recreational facilities, shopping centers are being gradually set up in the area to offer a comfortable lifestyle to the people. Sultan Pur Majra is very well connected to the capital city of Delhi via road and Delhi metro.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.