srikakulam is the district headquarter of the eponymous district in Andhra Pradesh. This municipal corporation functions as the headquarter of the Srikakulam revenue division as well as the Srikakulam Mandal. Srikakulam is believed to have been founded by Balarama. It was earlier known as Chicacole before the Indian independence. The city has nearly 1.5 lakh residents and Telugu is the most commonly used language in the area. The city has ample government schools to impart primary and secondary school education. The city has quite a few aided and private schools and colleges. The city has very good connectivity in terms of roads and railway. The city is known for the Arasavalli Sun temple which is believed to be the abode of the Sun God. Legend says that the great sage Kasyapa had installed the idol in the temple. It is one of the two sun temples in India and attracts a lot of devotees.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.