siwan is a city in Bihar. It is the district headquarters of the eponymous district. The city is situated near the border of Uttar Pradesh. Siwan has around 1.3 lakh residents who speak in Bhojpuri, Hindi & English. The city is divided into 38 wards for effective administration. This city has probably got its name from Shiva man, the ruler of the area until Babars arrival. A small river called the Daha River passes through the middle of the town - it dries up during the summer and often floods the town during the monsoon. 80% of the residents of Siwan are educated as the city is known for its many reputed academic institutions. Siwan is well connected via roadways and railways. The NH-531, NH-27 and several State Highways pass through the city. Siwan Junction railway station connects the city to other major cities of India.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.