The city of Shivpuri is also a municipality in the Shivpuri district located in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It falls within the Gwalior Division of the state. Shivpuri functions as the administrative headquarter of the eponymous district. Shivpuri district shares a border with Rajasthan towards the west. It consists of nine tehsils. Shivpuri functioned as the summer capital of the Scindia rulers of Gwalior. Shivpuri is a popular tourist attraction, especially in the monsoon season when it has a number of lakes and minor waterfalls. The lush greenery and the thick dense forests in and around the city makes is a scenic place to explore. Places of tourist attraction near this city are Chhatari ornate marble memorials, Ban Ganga Dham, Chintaharan Mandir, Mohineshwar Dham, etc.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.