sambhal is a city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The Sambhal district was carved out of the Moradabad district in 2011. It comprises three tehsils: Sambhal and Chandausi, and Gunnaur. Sambhal city is popular for its unique craft items made of horns and bones. These items are manufactured in the Sarai Tarin for export. Sambhal is believed to have flourished during the rule of Akbar. However, the growth rate diminished and the city lost its popularity when Shah Jahan took over the charge of the city. Sambhal has many mint farms and it is Asias largest market of mentha oil or Methanol. The Sarai Tarin area is famous for its handicraft industry. Decorated showpieces of bone and horns with intricate handiwork are exported to Europe. The rural residents are mostly employed in agriculture. Having been ruled by great Islamic rulers from the Mughal dynasty and the Delhi Sultanate, Sambhal houses many mosques and mausoleums of Islamic architecture. The Shahi Jama Masjid, Chakki Ka Paat, Tota Maina Ki Kabr, Manokamna Mandir, etc. are the places worth visiting at Sambhal.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.