The Indian city of Ratlam is located in the Malwa region in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The city was created soon after the Indian independence and it functions as the administrative headquarters of the Ratlam district. The city was founded by a descendant of Raja Udai Singh of Jodhpur, in the year 1652. Ratlam is known for its love of food - especially the world-famous salty snack called the Ratlami Sev. The city is also known for its purity of gold jewelry and its saree market. The Ratlami Sev is exported to foreign countries including the US and the Gulf. These three considerably contribute to the citys economic growth. Ratlam also has several industries manufacturing copper wire, plastic ropes, artificial oxygen and chemicals. The city also has a thriving market for traditional Rajasthani as well as Gujarati handwork and kitchen wares. Ratlam has quite a few good schools and colleges, but the government is establishing more educational institutions to offer a variety of courses to the young talents of Ratlam. The most famous Jain pilgrimages - Shri Nageshwar Parshwanath Tirth and Bibrod Tirth are located in Ratlam. The city also has other places of tourist attraction such as Kalika Mata Temple, Isarthuni, Bilpank Mahadev Temple, Satrunda Mataji Temple, Kedareshwar Temple, Cactus Garden, Hussain Tekri, etc.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.