Ramagundam is the most populous city in the Peddapalli district of the Indian state of Telangana. The city obtains its name from the combination of two words - Rama refers to the Hindu God, Lord Rama; Gundam means "water springs." Located on the banks of the Godavari, the city is often called the city of energy. The city hosts around 2.3 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu and are employed in the various industrial sectors present in the area. Roads, railway and a local airport ensure a great connectivity to this city. Ramagundam is situated in the Godavari valley coalfields. It has one of Indias largest thermal power stations owned by NTPC. Some of the industries that have flourished in the area are Fertilizer Corporation of India, Kesoram Cement, National Fertilizers Limited, TSGENCO thermal power station, Engineers India Limited, Kesoram (Birla) cement factories, etc. The NTPC plan at Ramagundam is undergoing dynamic upgrades which would help in earning carbon credits against the use of solar power as a renewable energy source. Additionally, an irrigation project called Sripada Yellampalli project, and the very first Solar Power Plant are being set up at Ramagundam
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.