Raebareli is a city as well as a municipal board that functions as the administrative headquarter of the Raebareli district in Uttar Pradesh. The city is situated on the bank of the Sai river, The city has many architectural wonders and sites, chief among which is a strong and spacious fort. The city is a part of the Gangetic alluvial plain. The mineral of importance in this area is kankar. Deposits of reh and brick earth are also found in the nearby areas. The Rae Bareli district is under the Lucknow division of the state. The city is divided into 15 blocks to ensure effective management and civic governance. Raebareli has quite a few educational institutions of great repute such as campuses of Kendriya Vidyalaya, AIIMS, NIFT, etc. The Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi is an institute located in Raebareli that trains pilots. There are around 2 lakh residents in this city who speak in Hindi.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.