Ongole is located in the Prakasam district of the South-Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The city operates as a municipal corporation as well as the headquarters of the Prakasam district. Ongole also serves as the headquarters of the Ongole mandal in the Ongole revenue division. The city is known for its Ongole cattle, which is a breed of oxen and is a part of the worlds major zebu cattle breeds. The narrow streams of the Gundlakamma river pass through the city. Ongole has around 2 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Agriculture fuels the economy of Ongole. The city is a center for trading tobacco in Andhra Pradesh. Many units of Galaxy Granite polishing provide a huge employment source to the residents of Ongole. The famous Ongole bulls are actually a breed of Oxen. These animals are exported to various countries. The Brahman bull found in America is considered to be an off-breed of the Ongole. Such off-breeds are found in Malaysia and Brazil too. The original breed of this animal is found in a tiny region around the town, in between the Gundlakamma and Musi Rivers. Ongole is also known for its beautiful parks and educational institutes.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.