Nangloi Jat is popularly known as "Nangloi." It is a locality situated in the western district of the Union Territory of Delhi. The city surrounded by Paschim Vihar, Najafgarh, Bahadurgarh and Delhi Outer Ring road. The National Highway 10 or the Rohtak Road runs through Nangloi. The city is connected to the Delhi Metro on its Green Line. Some striking landmarks in Nangloi include Maharaja Surajmal Stadium, Krishan Mandir, Northern Railways Jal Neer Plant and Nangloi Railway Head. The region has developed tremendously since the liberalization of the Indian economy in 1991. Many health-care centers have been established here, along with all other amenities required for a comfortable living. A look-alike of the Qutub Minar, Hastsal ki Laat, that is similar to the famous monument in design and is made with similar red sandstone, is located near Nangloi. It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan in 1650 and is definitely worth a visit.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.