Muzaffarnagar is a city as well as a municipal council in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is a part of the National Capital Region. It lies in the Doab region of Indo-Gangetic Plain. A Mughal Commander by the name of Sayyid Muzaffar Khan founded the city near the ancient town of Sarwat in 1633 during the reign of Shah Jahan. The native language of the city is Khari Boli, which is a prestigious dialect of Hindi. It resembles the Haryanvi dialect of Hindi. The economy of Muzaffarnagar depends upon the sugar and jaggery production. The farming activities in the area are focussed on jaggery and the city boasts of its huge jaggery trading business. There are eight sugar mills in the district of Muzaffarnagar. Apart from sugar and jaggery, Muzaffarnagar is also known for its production of steel and paper. The famous Shiv Chowk at the center of the city attracts many devotees of Lord Shiva during the Maha Shivratri ceremony every year. The city is known for its delectable cuisine, especially the chaats and sweets like "ghevar" are wildly craved for.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.