Miryalaguda is located in the Nalgonda district of Telangana. The city is being developed under the Indian Governments Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation scheme. The city has around 1 lakh residents and Telugu is the commonly spoken language in the area, followed by Urdu. The population of Miryalaguda comprises Hindu as well as Muslims. Apart from the regular festivals like Dusshera, Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, several regional festivals such as Bonalu and Bathkamma are celebrated in the area. The Muslims celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr, Ramadan, Milad-un-Nabi and Muharram. Water from the Left canal of Nagarjuna Sagar provides irrigation to Miryalguda, making the city green and commercially rich. Miryalguda is famous for the cultivation of paddy. It is one of the top 5 paddy markets in the state. Rapid expansion invited a lot of new settlers to Miryalaguda, which made the city quite congested. The city has many rice mills which provide employment opportunities to its residents.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.