Mango is a suburb of Jamshedpur. The Subarnarekha River separates Mango from Jamshedpur and the two are connected via three parallel bridges. It is a huge region that is rapidly growing into a residential area. The region was once a little backward town but is now a thriving suburb and real estate hotbed. Although Mango is a part of the main city Jamshedpur, it has been given the status of a city by the government. It is a notified area that is run by a notified area committee known as the Mango Notified Area Committee. The state-run electricity board, JSEB, provides the electricity services to Mango. The doesnt yet have any household water delivery system at the moment. The city has recently made a deal with JUSCO who will provide tap water services to the area. Mango is primarily a residential area. It is now witnessing an immense real estate boom as many developers are building residential colonies in the area. There are two hospitals at Mango to assist the residents during medical emergencies. The MGM Hospital has a medical college associated with it. A few colleges have also been set up in the region. The city is undergoing rapid and vast development. The city has around 3 lakh residents who are mostly employed in the various industrial and service sectors in the adjoining Jamshedpur city.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.