Madanapalle is located in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. The town functions as the headquarter of the Madanapalle revenue division and mandal. The town was founded by Sri Ahobila Nayunivaru in 1618 AD. The economy of Madanapalle is based on agriculture. The main cultivated products are tomato, mango, groundnut, tamarind, etc. It is the largest tomato market in Asia. The tomatoes from this area are supplied to many Indian states. Madanapalle is known for its silk products like silk saris and dress materials. One can get good quality silk products at nominal costs. These silk garments are supplied to all major cities in South India such as Bangalore, Chennai and all silk product towns for sales. Madanapalle surroundings have enormous reserves of granite. Madanapalle is well connected to all nearby areas via road and rail. Three Bus terminals provide services in Madanapalle. Madanapalle Road Railway Station connects the town to the nearby cities of Guntakal and Secunderabad.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.