Khandwa is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a Nagar Nigam in the Nimar region of the state. It also functions as the administrative headquarter of the Khandwa District. An ancient city, Khandwa has many places of worship for Hindus and Jains. The city used to be a center of Jainism during the 12th century. During the British era, Khandwa became the main commercial center of the Nimar region. Khandwa is known for the cultivation of local crops such as cotton, wheat and soybean along with an assortment of seasonal vegetables and fruits. The city grows a special variety of wheat known as Khandwa2, which is famous all over the country for its aroma, color and quality. A hydropower project by the name of Indira Sagar Pariyojna is located in the vicinity of Khandwa. A few other industries in the region include Nepa paper mills, Mansingka oil mills and Nimar textiles. The four Kunds, namely Padam Kund, Suraj Kund, Bheem Kund and Rameshwar Kund, located in four corners of the city, adds to the fame of the city. The famous tourist places in Khandwa are Dada Darbar Khandwa, Turja Bhavani Temple and Nagchun Talab. Hanumantiya Island at Khandwa is a an adventurous place for water sports in the backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.