Jehanabad is a small town in the Jehanabad district of Bihar. It is situated in Nagar Parishad and functions as the district headquarters. Jehanabad was earlier a part of the Gaya district but was made into a separate district on the 1st of August 1986. Agriculture is the most common occupation of the residents of Jehanabad. It also has an industrial area. Jehanabad is connected to the nearby cities of Patna and Gaya via road and rail. The city has around 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Magahi and Hindi. Barabar Caves that are situated in the hilly area near Jehanabad attracts tourists. These caves constitute of ancient, rock-cut Buddhist chambers from the 3rd Century AD. Baba Siddhnath Temple located on the highest peak of the Barabar Hills range is another interesting place to explore. Sati Nagari Lari, the Sun Temple and the Mahadevsthan at Bhelawer are few other places worth visiting near Jehanabad.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.