Guntakal is situated in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. The headquarter of the Anantapur revenue division and the Guntakal mandal is situated in this city. The city houses around 2 lakh residents who mainly speak in Telugu and Kannada. Situated in the south-western part of Andhra Pradesh, Guntakal is very close to the state border and is only 50 kilometers away from Bellary in Karnataka. Guntakal Railway Division of South Central Railway is one of the most profitable divisions in Indian Railways and it houses a railway diesel shed. Lord Anjaneya Swamy Temple, which is locally referred to as Nettikanti Anjaneya Swamy Temple, is situated near Guntakal and attracts devotees from across Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and several other parts of South India every day. Guntakal also has a relic of the Jain religion. Jambudweepachakra in the vicinity of the town is known to have been sculpted by Jain priests. The is a tomb of a Sufi saint named Mastan Vali is situated near Guntakal which attracts devotees across all religions and castes. Our Lady of Health Church at Guntakal is an architectural wonder.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.