Gudivada is situated in the Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarter of the Gudivada revenue division and the Gudivada Mandal. Gudivada is a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region, located in the Coastal Andhra region of the state. Gudivada has a population of more than 1 lakh residents who commonly use the Telugu language. Gudivada has derived its name from the words Gudi which means Temple and Vada which means settlement or town in Telugu. As per some inscriptions, the town has been inhabited since the 3rd Century or 2nd Century BCE, since the time of the Sathavahanas. Archaeological excavations conducted at Gudivada found an ancient Buddhist stupa mound and several Jain relics. Hence, Gudivada is a religiously diversified town with numerous Hindu Temples and important Jain Tirth as well. The city is divided into 36 election wards for effective governance. There are six temples at Gudivada under the management of the Endowments Department - Sri Gowri Sankara Swamy Temple, Sri Bhimeswara Swamy Temple, Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple, Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple and Sri Vigneswara Swamy Temple. There are many government-run as well as private educational institutions in Gudivada. This town has a good network of roads and railway which connect it to all nearby areas.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.