Gandhidham is located in the Kutch District in the Indian state of Gujarat. The town was built in the 1950s by Bhai Pratap Dialdas for the resettlement of the refugees from Sindh after the partition of India. It was initially called Sindhu Resettlement Corporation Ltd. The town was named after Mahatma Gandhi who was the father of the Indian nation. Gandhidham is considered to be the economic capital of Kutch. It is a rapidly developing city in the state. It is a growing city, ideal for families and retired individuals. It is also a favored destination for conventions and business meetings. The city offers a peaceful life to its residents, with a plenty of options for recreation and entertainments. It is known for its verdant picnic spots and parks. Gandhidham is connected to the rest of the country by road and rail. Transport Nagar, situated on the outskirts of the city, serves as the hub of all major transport activities of Gandhidham. There are many reputed educational institutions as well as all modern amenities available in the city that ensures a comfortable lifestyle to the residents.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.