Fatehpur is a city as well as a municipal board in the Fatehpur district of Uttar Pradesh in India. The city lies between the holy Ganga and Yamuna. It was founded by Rishi Purwar who later became the King of the city. Fatehpurfalls within the territorial boundaries of the Kanpur Megapolitan Region. This city is situated between two important cities of the state - Allahabad and Kanpur. It is well connected to these cities and to other nearby areas by train route as well as via road. Historical evidence claim that Fatehpur has been around since the Vedic era which was later ruled by the Maurya, the Kusan, the Gupta and the Mughal rulers. The splendid Badshahi Bagh in Fatehnagar was built by Emperor Aurangzeb and it is an attractive tourist spot in the city.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.