Deoghar, considered to be a holy city, is a part of the Indian state of Jharkhand. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Deoghar District. It is located in the Santhal Parganas division of harkhand. This city is known for the famed Baidyanath Dham Temple which is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines in India. The city has mythological origins and houses famous mythological temples. Thus Deoghar attracts a lot of tourists and devotees. The famous educational institutions in the city are Deoghar College, Deoghar Ramakrishna Mission and the campus of Birla Institute of Technology. The city has over 2 lakh residents who speak in Hindi. Other popular tourist destinations in and around the city are the Tapavan, the Trikut Parvat, Naulakha Mandir, Nandan Pahar and Sri Sri Thakur Anukul Chandra Satsang Ashrama.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.