Bulandshahr is a city as well as a municipal board in the Bulandshahr district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Bulandshahr District. Bulandshahr is around 70 kilometers away from Delhi and the city is a part of the National Capital Region. Bulandshahr has a population of more than 2.3 lakh people who mostly speak in Hindi. Bulandshahr is basically a religious city. There are many ancient temples, historical ruins and ghats of river Ganga. Urbanization has been slow in this area, yet there is no deficiency of factories and manufacturing units in the area that have significantly contributed to its economic development. The ceramic, pottery, handicrafts and garments are thriving industries at Bunlandshahr. The IT and retail sector are also gradually opening up at Bulandshahr. The residents of Bulandshahr are opening up to the various glamours of modern city life such as spas, boutiques, fitness centers and multiplexes. The city is also very popular among pilgrims and tourists, especially during annual festivals.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.