Bhind is a city as well as a district in the Chambal division of Madhya Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarters of the district. The city is surrounded by uneven ravines, scanty forests and plain fertile fields. The soil of the area is very fertile as it is drained by five rivers and an extensive canal system. The Chambal, Kali Sind, Kwari, Pahuj and Baisali rivers. The city and the district has been named after Vibhandak Rishi, a mythological Hindu saint, who was also called Bhindi Rishi. Bhind has a lot of mythological significance. Apart from many Jain temples, Bhind is also known for a few tourist spots. National Chambal (Gharial) Wildlife Sanctuary lies in the vicinity of the city and attracts a lot of tourists. The Gohad Fort, the Sun Temple near Mihona Tehsil, the Ancient Dandraua Temple and numerous other Hindu temples in the area are worth visiting. The industrial belt in the vicinity of this town hosts many industries such as modern automobiles, bicycles, electronics, pharmaceuticals, soaps, detergents and food and dairy products
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.