Bharatpur is a city as well as a municipal corporation in the Braj region in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Bharatpur is located 180 kilometers away from Delhi and it is a part of the National Capital Region. The Bharatpur Municipal Corporation is divided into 50 wards for civic governance. Bharatpur also functions as the administrative headquarters of the Bharatpur District and the Bharatpur Division of Rajasthan. The city is also known as the "Eastern Gateway to Rajasthan" and also by the name of "Lohagarh" at times. It is famous for Keoladeo National Park which is UNESCOs World Heritage Site. The Lohagarh Fort in Bharatpur is a major spot of tourist attraction. Bharatpur attracts a large number of national as well as international tourists every year. The region hosts communities like the Jats, Ahirs, Yadavs, Brahmins, Rajputs, Vaishyas and Gujjars. The city is rich in its culture and heritage. It hosts several reputed educational institutions such as the Government Engineering College, Chandravati Group of Institutions, etc. The economy of Bharatpur is largely dependent upon agriculture and agricultural products. The main crops that are grown in Bharatpur are wheat, mustard, cotton, potatoes and red chilies. There are over 60 oil mills in the city mainly because of the mass production of mustard in the surrounding areas. Stone quarrying is also practiced in a few areas.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.