Amaravati is the defacto or People's capital of Andhra Pradesh with a vision of increasing the overall prominence of the state, especially after the split from Telangana State. The authority entrusted with the development of Amaravati into one of the prominent capital state in the entire country is the Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA). The CRDA is responsible for bringing cutting-edge technology and high-end infrastructure to the city. A striking feature of the city is the Land Pooling Scheme adopted by the government. The Land Pooling Scheme is one of the most successful techniques for achieving development in infrastructure and better technological advancements. The Bricks Initiative started by the Government of Andhra Pradesh is an initiative to indulge common people of Andhra in the development process of the state. The city of Amaravati is built on the banks of the Krishna River and it is geographically located in the Guntur District. The city of Amaravati gets its name from the Amaravathi Kings who ruled ancient Amaravati 2200 years ago. Multiple empires have ruled Amaravati in the medieval period, the Mauryas, the Delhi Sultanate, the Telugu Cholas, Kakatiyas, the Empire of Golconda to name a few. France claimed it in the year 1750 and captured by England in 1759. The residents of Amaravati are predominantly Telugus with a minority of Hindi and Kannada speaking population spread across the city.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.