Chinsurah is a town on the banks of the Hooghly river in the Hooghly district of the Indian state of West Bengal. It is often known by the name Hooghly-Chinsura or Chuchura. The town functions as the administrative headquarters of the Hooghly district. Chinsurah was a Dutch settlement prior to the Indian independence. Chinsurah was used as a base for trade in various commodities such as saltpeter, spices, cotton and indigo. The town of Chinsurah has nearly 3 lakh residents and Bengali is the most commonly used language. The town is connected to the nearby cities of Kolkata and Bardhaman through railway as it is situated on the Howrah-Bardhaman main line. The Grand Trunk Road or the G.T.Road passes through the town. Ferry services on River Hooghly connects Chinsurah to Naihati in the district of North 24 Parganas. Most of the residents of this town travel to the metro city of Kolkata for work. The District Court building at Chinsurah is known to be the longest building in the state. Chinsurah also has the oldest Armenian church in India. The Hooghly Imambara, the Edwardian clock tower called Ghorir More, the temple of Mahishmardini, the temple of Shandeshwar and the Bandel Church nearby are places worth visiting in Chinsurah. There are some famous educational institutions in Chinsurah - the Hooghly Mohsin college, Collegiate school, Don Bosco and Auxilium Convent are seats of profound education in this town.
In 1870, the Deutsche Bank was founded in Berlin by Georg Siemens, Adelbert Delbruck, and L.Bamberger. The primary objective of the company is to facilitate trade relations between Germany and other markets, European or overseas. In 1929, the bank associated with other local banks to form Deutsche Bank und DiscontoGesellschaft, the biggest ever merger in the history of German banking. The one reason for the merger was increasing costs. In the 1920s, another trend was towards concentration throughout the industry. The alliance striked at the right time to help counteract the banking crisis. The company name changed back to Deutsche Bank in 1937. After Adolf Hitler came to power, instituting the Third Reich, three Jewish board members were dismissed by the bank in 1933. During the war, Deutsche Bank included other banks which came in hands of Germans while working in Eastern Europe. Banking facilities for the Gestapo were offered by the Deutsche Bank along with the loans credited to build the Auschwitz camp. In the financial year 2008, the Deutsche Bank reported its first annual loss in fifty years inspite of receiving billions of dollars from its insurance arrangements with AIG. The co-CEOs, Jrgen Fitschen, and Anshu Jain, both offered their resignations to the banks supervisory board, which were accepted in 2015 but until January 2016, Jain provided consultancy to the bank. The Fitschen continued as joint CEO until May 2016.On July 2016, the appointment of John Cryan as joint CEO was announced and at the end of Fitschens term, he became the sole CEO .