Narasaraopet is situated in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. The municipal town functions as the headquarter of the Narasaraopet revenue division and the Narasaraopet Mandal. Narasaraopet has received its name from a wealthy landlord who earlier owned most of the surrounding areas, known as Narasa Rao. This town is the major commercial trading center in the Guntur district. it also has a lot of educational institutes. The town is surrounded by many engineering, dental, PG and pharmacy colleges. The town of Narasaraopet was built on flat land surrounded by hilly extensions of the Eastern Ghats. Narasaraopet experiences exceptionally hot summers and mild winters. Monsoon rains are concentrated in the months of July?September. The town is home to more than 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu. A major religious fair dedicated to Lord Shiva is held at Kotappakonda located near Narasaraopet and it is an attractive tourist destination.
On 12th March 1906, the Corporation Bank established as Canara Banking Corporation Limited, in the temple town of Udupi, by a group of visionaries. The initial growth was consciously cautious and need-based. In 1923, the first Bank branch was opened at Kundapur, and in 1926 the second branch was opened in Mangalore. In 1934, the Bank stepped into Coorg State by opening its seventh branch. The Bank got listed in the second schedule of RBI Act, 1934 in the year 1937. The name of the Bank had changed from Canara Banking Corporation Ltd to Canara Banking Corporation Ltd In 1939. In 1972, the bank changed its name again, from ?Canara Banking Corporation Ltd.? to ?Corporation Bank Limited.? And finally, the bank became ?Corporation Bank? after its nationalization on 15th April 1980. The total revenue of the Bank was Rs.3.29 lakh crore, as on 30th September 2017. Currently, the Bank has 3169 ATMs, 4724 Branchless Banking Units, and 2501 fully automated CBS branches, across India. The Bank has its representative Offices at Dubai and Hong Kong. The Branchless banking units have been expanded to more than 4700 villages by the Corporation Bank alongside issued smart cards to all account holders in these villages to enable them to use the Business Correspondents model operated by the Bank.