Bhubaneswar is the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. The city is located in the Khordha district of Odisha, and it is the largest city in the state. It lies on the eastern coastal plains near the Eastern Ghats. The topography of the city is split into the western uplands and the eastern lowlands. There are hillocks in the northern and the western parts of Bhubaneswar. The city falls under the jurisdiction of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation area. There are 173 revenue villages and two other municipalities within this boundary. The city is shaped like a dumbbell. The city can be distinctly categorized into the old town and the new planned city. The old town is primarily characterized by temples and hence often referred to as the Temple town by the locals. Some of the famous temples here include the Lingaraj Temple, the Rajarani Temple and the Kukteshwara Temple. The newer planned city was conceptualized and designed in 1948 to house the state capital. It is a modern city with schools, colleges, universities, shopping centers, hospitals and recreational facilities. This fast-growing city is an important trading and commercial center in Odisha as well as in eastern India. Its a great place for business and is rapidly transitioning into an IT hub. Tourism considerably contributes to the economy of the city as it is very near to the coveted sea-side destination as well as a pilgrimage - Puri. Other popular places of tourist attraction near Bhubaneswar is the Konark Sun Temple, Dhauligiri, Nandan Kanan Zoo, etc.
On 12th March 1906, the Corporation Bank established as Canara Banking Corporation Limited, in the temple town of Udupi, by a group of visionaries. The initial growth was consciously cautious and need-based. In 1923, the first Bank branch was opened at Kundapur, and in 1926 the second branch was opened in Mangalore. In 1934, the Bank stepped into Coorg State by opening its seventh branch. The Bank got listed in the second schedule of RBI Act, 1934 in the year 1937. The name of the Bank had changed from Canara Banking Corporation Ltd to Canara Banking Corporation Ltd In 1939. In 1972, the bank changed its name again, from ?Canara Banking Corporation Ltd.? to ?Corporation Bank Limited.? And finally, the bank became ?Corporation Bank? after its nationalization on 15th April 1980. The total revenue of the Bank was Rs.3.29 lakh crore, as on 30th September 2017. Currently, the Bank has 3169 ATMs, 4724 Branchless Banking Units, and 2501 fully automated CBS branches, across India. The Bank has its representative Offices at Dubai and Hong Kong. The Branchless banking units have been expanded to more than 4700 villages by the Corporation Bank alongside issued smart cards to all account holders in these villages to enable them to use the Business Correspondents model operated by the Bank.