The city of Tirunelveli, a major city in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, is also known by the name Nellai. it was known as Tinnevelly during the British era. It is an ancient city which is about 2000 years old and it is a town of ancient tradition and culture. River Thamirabarani flows through this city. It is an educational hub with many schools and colleges such as Anna University Regional Campus, Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli Law College, the Tirunelveli Veterinary College and Research Institution, etc. Tirunelveli has around a million residents employed in the service-sectors pertaining to administration, agro-machinery, agricultural trading, tourism, banking, information technology and educational services. The city has beedi and cement factories, workshops for steel-based products, tobacco companies, mills for cotton textiles, spinning and weaving units, etc. There are several small-scale industries like tanneries and brick kilns. Agriculture, as well as the handloom industry, also contribute to the economic growth of the city. The city is very well-connected to the rest of the state and the country via road and railways. There are a number of historical monuments at Tirunelveli - the Swami Nellaiappar Temple being the most famous one.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.