The city of Thrissur in the Indian state of Kerala was originally known as Thiru Siva Peroor. It is more commonly known by its anglicised name Trichur. It is the fifth largest city in Kerala as well as the third largest urban agglomeration in the state. The city functions as the headquarter of the Thrissur District. The city of Thrissur has developed around a 65-acre hillock known as the Thekkinkadu Maidan which houses the famous Vadakkumnathan temple. Thrissur used to be the capital of the Kingdom of Cochin in olden days. Thrissur is known for its cultural, spiritual and religious leanings throughout history and hence often referred to as the Cultural Capital of Kerala. Thrissur a major financial and commercial hub of the state, dotted with thriving Malayali entrepreneurs. The city is known for its financial capabilities which predominantly fuels the economy. Thrissur has the headquarters and offices of almost all the banks registered under RBI, thus earning it the nickname of the "Banking town." Thrissur is also gradually emerging as the largest center for Ayurvedic drug manufacturing industry with more than 150 manufacturing units within the city. Modern retailing has also become a big business and revenue earner in Thrissur. Jewelry and textile retailing occupy a major part of Thrissurs retailing business. Famous jewelry groups like Kalyan Group, Joyalukkas, Jos Alukka & Sons, etc. have their bases in the city and provide employment opportunities to a lot of residents.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.