The large city of Shimoga in the Indian state of Karnataka functions as the district headquarters of Shimoga District. The city has been officially renamed shivamogga in 2014. It is located in the central part of Karnataka, on the banks of the Tunga River and serves as a gateway to the hilly regions of the Western Ghats. Shivamogga is popularly nicknamed as the "Gateway of Malnad." Shimoga experiences a tropical wet and dry climate and has a population of around 3.3 lakh. Shimoga is an important center for education with its wide variety of prestigious schools as well as colleges. Industries such as Malnad Alloys, Pearlite Industries, Vijay Technocrats, Perfect Alloys, Shanthala Sperocast, etc. are some foundries that manufacture castings which are supplied to other related industries in the country as well as exported. The city is surrounded by lush green paddy fields, chili plantations, areca nut and coconut groves which contributes to the economy of the city. An IT Park is being constructed at Shimoga, near the upcoming Shimoga airport.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.