The towns of Sangli, Miraj and Kupwad in the Sangli district of the Indian state of Maharashtra were clubbed together to form a small city. With a population of about half a million, Sangli-Miraj-Kupwad is considered to be the largest municipal corporation in South Maharashtra. This mini-metropolitan city is governed by the Sangli-Miraj-Kupwad Municipal Corporation, which is made of democratically elected members, headed by a mayor. The town of Sangli is to be found on the banks of river Krishna. Miraj is a major railway junction, a major healthcare center as well as an export hub of various Indian musical instruments. Kupwad, a small town earlier, is an industrial area harboring many foundries, oil manufacturing units, spinning mills, chocolate factories, cold storage, etc. Notable foundries located in this area are Tulsi foundry and J sons foundry. The famous chocolate manufacturer, Lotte, has its factory in this city. Spinning mills like Toto Toya spin ltd, oil manufacturers like Chakan oil mills are also based out of Kupawad. The city has a mixed group of multi-cultural residents who speak in various languages including Marathi, Urdu, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.