Ramagundam is the most populous city in the Peddapalli district of the Indian state of Telangana. The city obtains its name from the combination of two words - Rama refers to the Hindu God, Lord Rama; Gundam means "water springs." Located on the banks of the Godavari, the city is often called the city of energy. The city hosts around 2.3 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu and are employed in the various industrial sectors present in the area. Roads, railway and a local airport ensure a great connectivity to this city. Ramagundam is situated in the Godavari valley coalfields. It has one of Indias largest thermal power stations owned by NTPC. Some of the industries that have flourished in the area are Fertilizer Corporation of India, Kesoram Cement, National Fertilizers Limited, TSGENCO thermal power station, Engineers India Limited, Kesoram (Birla) cement factories, etc. The NTPC plan at Ramagundam is undergoing dynamic upgrades which would help in earning carbon credits against the use of solar power as a renewable energy source. Additionally, an irrigation project called Sripada Yellampalli project, and the very first Solar Power Plant are being set up at Ramagundam
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.