Patiala is situated in the Indian state of Punjab. It is the administrative capital of Patiala District. The administration of the city is done through 57 wards which are administered by an elected representative. The city is located around the Qila Mubarak or the Fortunate Castle which was constructed in 1763 by the chieftain of the royal dynasty of the Patiala State, Baba Ala Singh. Patiala is the fourth largest city in Punjab and it houses the National Institute of Sports. Patiala was traditionally an agriculture-based economy. However, the city has now become home to plenty of manufacturing units that produce goods like cutting tools, power cables, etc. Some reputed educational institutions and universities in this city include the Thapar University, the Punjabi University, the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, the Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports, the Government Medical College, etc. Patiala?s vintage location has led to the development of various tourist spots such as the Bahadurgarh Fort, Mubarak complex, the Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib, the Gurdwara Moti Bagh Sahib, Maa Kali Devi Mandir, QilaSheesh Mahal, Baradari Gardens, etc.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.