Nellore, situated in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, is also known as Vikrama Simhapuri. Various dynasties like the Mauryas, Ashoka the Great, the Vijayanagara Empire, the Cholas, the Pallavas and other empires had ruled over this area for years. The modern administration of the city is carried out by an elected representative for each of its 56 wards. The city functions as the headquarters of Nellore District. The fertile banks of River Penna support the cultivation of paddy at Nellore. The economy or trade in Nellore mainly depends upon agricultural produce along with other modern industries such as hardware, textile, automobile, consumer goods and other SMEs. There are a few of large industrial estates in and around the city that houses units of Nippo batteries and Apache leather shoes. Shrimp culturing is quite famous at Nellore, owing to its proximity to the sea. Nellore has many educational institutions and universities and many other schools and colleges. Some of the well-known tourist attractions in and around Nellore include the Barashaheed Dargah, the Venkatagiri Fort, the Tikkana Park, the Udayagiri Fort, the Nellapattu Bird Sanctuary, the Nellore Ranganatha Temple, etc.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.