Morbi or Morvi is situated in the Morbi district of Gujarat. It used to be a Princely State that was ruled by the Ranas of Rajputs before the Indian independence in 1947. During the British era, the Morvi State was one among the several princely states that were governed by the Jadeja dynasty of Rajputs. The city is on the Kathiawar peninsula and is situated on the Machhu River. The dam on this river caused the Morbi disaster in 1979 when the Machu-2 dam burst, sending an enormous wall of water through the town and flooded Morbi. As of the latest census, Morbi has around 2 lakh residents who speak in Gujarati. Morbi experienced dynamic development n between 1922 and 1948, during which Sir Lakhdhiraji Waghji ensured commendable town planning and constructed many heritage buildings in and around the city. Morbi is known for its production of ceramic items and Compact Fluorescent Lamp. Moreover, the city is known to be the largest manufacturers of wall clocks in India.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.