Kozhikode is a thriving city in the Indian state of Kerala. Nestling peacefully along the Malabar Coast, this city is popularly known as Calicut. The Kozhikode metropolitan area happens to be the second largest urban agglomeration in the state with a population of over 2 million. This city was earlier a major trading point of eastern spices and was hence called the "City of Spices." Kozhikode received the tag of the "City of Sculptures" or "Shilpa Nagaram" on 7th June 2012 because of the magnificent architectural sculptures around the city. Kozhikode has a strong mercantile aspect and business drives the economy of the city. One can find shops selling everything from saris to cosmetics in the Mittai Theruvu area which is undoubtedly a shoppers paradise. There are innumerable restaurants and sweetmeat shops in Kozhikode. Shopping malls are plentiful in and around Calicut. The city is home to some prestigious educational institutions like the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode and the famous Calicut Medical College.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.