Ichalkaranji is a city in the Kolhapur district of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The city is known for its textile manufacturing industry and the export of textile goods. This city was initially a Maratha Princely state which is situated on the banks of the Panchganga River. It lies in the Panchganga valley, quite near to the neighboring city of Kohlapur. There are seven hamlets within Ichalkaranji. Ichalkaranji Municipal Council looks after the civic administration of the city. There are 65 wards in the city that are governed by the elected council members. The textile business boosts the economy of this city and raised the per capita income to Rs.116,472. Hence, the city is often referred to as the "Manchester of Maharashtra." Engineering, especially the manufacture of measuring instruments, is the second largest industry here and considerably contributes to the economy of the city. The finance sector also has a prominent presence in Ichalkaranji and provides employment opportunities to many residents. Sugarcane is also heavily cultivated at Ichalkaranji. The city has several schools and colleges that offer different types of education and courses. There are many institutes offering research facilities.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.