Bhimavaram is situated in the West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The administrative headquarter of the Bhimavaram Mandal in the Narasapuram revenue division is situated at Bhimavaram. The city has around 1.5 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Bhimavaram was under the reign of the Chola dynasty, proven by many stone inscriptions found in the town from this era. The name Bhimavaram literally translates to "the gift of Bhima". Legend says that a king named Chalukya Bheema had built a Siva temple in the 1st century which led to the foundation of this town. It was earlier called "Bhimapuram", which gradually changed to "Bhimavaram." This town is in the epicenter of the fertile Godavari delta region, which makes it a principal trade center of paddy. Agriculture-based businesses thrive in the area. Food processing, aquaculture, rice mills, etc., are the main sources of economic growth of the town. Bhimavaram is the regional center for higher education as well as specialized health services. Bhimavaram is recognized for the Gunupudi Someswara temple. Built during the 3rd century AD, this temple is one of the five holy Pancharamas. The Shiva lingam idol in this temple is known for changing its color. As per the lunar calendar, it turns black during the new moon and white during the full moon. It is a place of major tourist attraction.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.