Baranagar is an emerging city in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a municipality in the Barrackpore subdivision of the North 24 Parganas district and territorially belongs to the Kolkata Urban Agglomeration. The area was occupied by the in the seventeenth century. An old mansion of the Dutch merchants still remains in the Kutighat area. There was a hog factory in the area where around 3,000 hogs were slaughtered and salted for export every year. Hogs are called "Baraha" in Bengali and hence the area came to be known as "Baraha Nagar" or the "town of hogs." The name got modified to Baranagar later. Baranagar was a renowned center for the extensive jute trade and manufacturing gunny bags during the British era. Baranagar hosts the Indian Statistical Institute or ISI, which is an institution of national importance. It is devoted to research, teaching and application of statistics, social sciences and natural sciences. The city is a major industrial center for the manufacture of agricultural and industrial machinery. Furthermore, the city also has several units for the manufacture of chemicals, castor oil and matches. It also has numerous cotton-processing companies. Temples such as Kaancher Mandir, Joy Mitra Kali Bari and Pathbari draw a lot of local tourists to Baranagar.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.