Ambala is a city as well as a municipal corporation located in the district of the same name within the Indian state of Haryana. The city forms the border of Haryana and Punjab and lies close to the state capital Chandigarh. Ambala consists of two sub-areas - the Ambala Cantonment area and the Ambala City are, that are less than a kilometer apart. The twin city has a large base of Indian Army and Indian Air Force within its cantonment area. This city separates the Ganges network from the Indus network and the rivers Ghaggar and Tangri surround it. Ambala plays a pivotal role in local tourism, connecting tourists to Chandigarh, Shimla, New Delhi and Amritsar. Gurudwara Manji Sahib, situated within the city, is a place worth visiting in Ambala. The economy of the city is fuelled by its "Cloth Market" which draws shoppers from surrounding areas. It has a dense cluster of at least 1000 wholesale shops that sell a wide range of cloth items like hand-loom textiles, silk, various kinds of sarees, suitings, shirtings as well as dress material of all types. This market is considered to be the largest cloth trading market in Asia. Most of the residents of Ambala are employed in this business.
The Bank of Baroda started in 1908 from a small building in Baroda and expanded to the hi-tech corporate office in Baroda or Vadodara while spreading across 25 countries. The mission of the BOB is to be on the top ranks of international standards and remain committed to expanding the stakeholders value by taking care of them. The logo is a unique depiction of a universal symbol. It consists of a double B letter which holds the rays of the rising sun which is called as Baroda Sun. The Sun depicts the dominant source of light and energy which replace the darkness with light. The Bank of Baroda also refers the bank as the source of light which helps the stakeholders in realizing their goals. The single color has been carefully chosen because of its uniqueness as it stands for hope and energy. The Maharaja of founded the Bank of Baroda on 20th July 1908. The bank had been designated as the primary profit-making public sector undertakings or PSUs after getting nationalized by the GOI on 19th July 1969 along with 13 other commercial banks.