Narasaraopet is situated in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. The municipal town functions as the headquarter of the Narasaraopet revenue division and the Narasaraopet Mandal. Narasaraopet has received its name from a wealthy landlord who earlier owned most of the surrounding areas, known as Narasa Rao. This town is the major commercial trading center in the Guntur district. it also has a lot of educational institutes. The town is surrounded by many engineering, dental, PG and pharmacy colleges. The town of Narasaraopet was built on flat land surrounded by hilly extensions of the Eastern Ghats. Narasaraopet experiences exceptionally hot summers and mild winters. Monsoon rains are concentrated in the months of July?September. The town is home to more than 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu. A major religious fair dedicated to Lord Shiva is held at Kotappakonda located near Narasaraopet and it is an attractive tourist destination.
The Andhra Bank was established by the great freedom fighter, Dr. Bhogaraju Pattabhi. On 20th November 1923, It was registered and started its operations from 28th November with a paid-up capital of one lakh rupees. The logo of the Andhra Bank indicates the togetherness. The symbol of infinity states that the bank which is prepared to go to any lengths to serve its customers. The blue pointer on the top of the infinity symbol indicates that the bank has the philosophy of looking for newer growth and directions as and whenever required. The keyholes depict the safety and security of the customer, and the chain represents the bond of togetherness. The red and blue color shows the dynamism and solidity. The Andhra Bank has its representative office in the United Arab Emirates and the United States of America. The Andhra Bank has a network of 2911 branches globally across Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Odisha in India. The vision of the Andhra Bank is to provide a full range of banking services through customer-focused products and to maximize the value of its stakeholders.