Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
The Vijaya Bank is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India and it is one of the nationalized public sector banks in India. The bank provides several financial products and services to customers through its delivery channels. As of March 2017, the bank has a network of approximately more than 2000 branches across India and over 4000 customer touch points including 2001 ATMs.Since its inception, the bank grew steadily. It became a scheduled bank in 1958. Vijaya Bank steadily evolved into a large All India Bank with nine smaller banks merging with it during 1963,1968 under the chairmanship of Shri. Mulki Sunder Ram Shetty. The bank registered its logo in 1965. On November 11, 1969, the banks head office was shifted to Bengaluru. On 15 April 1980, the bank was nationalized. The bank had 571 branches, with a total business of ?605.95 crore and a staff strength of 9059 at the time of nationalization. On 26 October 1984, the present head office building of the Bank was inaugurated at Mahatma Gandhi Road, Bengaluru. Shri R.A.Sankara Narayanan is the current MD & CEO of Vijaya bank. As on 31 March 2017, the banks total business is over ?2,29,000 crore containing deposits of ?1,33,012 crore and advances of ?96,821 crore.