Madhyamgram is situated in the Barasat Sadar subdivision of the North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a suburb of Kolkata, located around 20 kilometers away from the capital city. Madhyamgram was feudal provinces of Bengal under the Ruler of Jessore during the Mughal era. It got passed on to the British East India Company after the Battle of Plassey in 1757. The Labanyabati river would earlier flow through the area and support the agriculture and trade. Paddy was grown in Madhyamgram and exported via river navigation. The place was also known for its fine embroidery work done by the Muslim inhabitants and traded to rich buyers in Delhi and Mumbai. However, the wide channel of the Labanyabati river endured years of silt deposition and turned into a canal. Its name, through the colloquial transformation, got renamed to Noai. It is now a tiny stream and people call it the Noai Canal. There are many textile mills and rubber factories in Madhyamgram which boosts the economy of the city. There are nearly two lakh residents in Madhyamgram and they speak in Bengali. The town has two graduate colleges- Acharya Prafulla Chandra College and Vivekananda College. Most of its residents travel to nearby cities or the metro city of Kolkata for work or education. The city is very well connected to nearby areas via railway and roads.
The Vijaya Bank is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India and it is one of the nationalized public sector banks in India. The bank provides several financial products and services to customers through its delivery channels. As of March 2017, the bank has a network of approximately more than 2000 branches across India and over 4000 customer touch points including 2001 ATMs.Since its inception, the bank grew steadily. It became a scheduled bank in 1958. Vijaya Bank steadily evolved into a large All India Bank with nine smaller banks merging with it during 1963,1968 under the chairmanship of Shri. Mulki Sunder Ram Shetty. The bank registered its logo in 1965. On November 11, 1969, the banks head office was shifted to Bengaluru. On 15 April 1980, the bank was nationalized. The bank had 571 branches, with a total business of ?605.95 crore and a staff strength of 9059 at the time of nationalization. On 26 October 1984, the present head office building of the Bank was inaugurated at Mahatma Gandhi Road, Bengaluru. Shri R.A.Sankara Narayanan is the current MD & CEO of Vijaya bank. As on 31 March 2017, the banks total business is over ?2,29,000 crore containing deposits of ?1,33,012 crore and advances of ?96,821 crore.