Tadipatri is a town in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It is also known by the name of Tadpatri. Tadipatri city functions as the headquarter of the Tadipatri Mandal in the Anantapur revenue division. The Tadipatri municipality is a first-grade municipality which was constituted in the year 1920. It is divided into 34 wards for effective administration. The city is located at the border of Kadapa and Kurnool district. The ancient and world-famous Chintala Venkataramana Temple which sprawls over a five-acre area is located in Tadipatri. The Penna river flows through the city. The Bugga Ramalingeswara Temple, located within one kilometer from Tadipatri, is known for its Shiva Lingam which seated on a pedestal that is filled with water at all times from a small spring. These temples bring a lot of devotees and tourists to Tadipatri from the neighboring areas. Tadipatri has cement grade limestone deposits. These limestone reserves largely contribute the economy of the city. Tadipatri has a treasure-house of beautiful ancient sculptures from the Vijayanagara empire.
The Shamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. or SVC Cooperative Bank Limited, is a banking company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 a scheduled bank, and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. The bank was set up when co-operation was just started in the country. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of the Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. The Bank is present in 10 States of India. Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. After that in 1911, the facilities for remittance were made available to the members by the draft. In 1913, the cash credit scheme was introduced by the bank. In 1956, facilities were thrown open to all communities. In 1988, the Shamrao Vithal bank was conferred the scheduled bank status.