Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
The Shamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. or SVC Cooperative Bank Limited, is a banking company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 a scheduled bank, and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. The bank was set up when co-operation was just started in the country. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of the Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. The Bank is present in 10 States of India. Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. After that in 1911, the facilities for remittance were made available to the members by the draft. In 1913, the cash credit scheme was introduced by the bank. In 1956, facilities were thrown open to all communities. In 1988, the Shamrao Vithal bank was conferred the scheduled bank status.