The city of Kadapa was earlier known as Cuddapah. Situated in the Rayalaseema region of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Kadapa is often referred to as the "Heart of Rayalaseema." Located near the Pedda River, Kadapa functions as the district headquarters of Kadapa district. The Nallamala and Palkonda Hills surround the city. Kadapa is known for its black and red ferrous soils. The city has been ruled by various dynasties such as the Nizams, the Cholas, the Vijayanagara Empire and even the Kingdom of Mysore. Kadapa is also known for its delectable cuisine belonging to the Rayalaseema food culture. The economy of Kadapa is largely fuelled by agriculture and mining. The residents of this region are mostly employed in Government jobs and Private sector jobs. Quite a few residents are involved in businesses and the hospitality industry. The area is known for its educational institutions such as Hyderabad Public School, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, KSRM College of Engineering, Yogi Vemana University, etc. The city is well connected to all nearby cities through roads and railways. It also houses an airport,
The Shamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. or SVC Cooperative Bank Limited, is a banking company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 a scheduled bank, and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. The bank was set up when co-operation was just started in the country. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of the Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. The Bank is present in 10 States of India. Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. After that in 1911, the facilities for remittance were made available to the members by the draft. In 1913, the cash credit scheme was introduced by the bank. In 1956, facilities were thrown open to all communities. In 1988, the Shamrao Vithal bank was conferred the scheduled bank status.