Bhind is a city as well as a district in the Chambal division of Madhya Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarters of the district. The city is surrounded by uneven ravines, scanty forests and plain fertile fields. The soil of the area is very fertile as it is drained by five rivers and an extensive canal system. The Chambal, Kali Sind, Kwari, Pahuj and Baisali rivers. The city and the district has been named after Vibhandak Rishi, a mythological Hindu saint, who was also called Bhindi Rishi. Bhind has a lot of mythological significance. Apart from many Jain temples, Bhind is also known for a few tourist spots. National Chambal (Gharial) Wildlife Sanctuary lies in the vicinity of the city and attracts a lot of tourists. The Gohad Fort, the Sun Temple near Mihona Tehsil, the Ancient Dandraua Temple and numerous other Hindu temples in the area are worth visiting. The industrial belt in the vicinity of this town hosts many industries such as modern automobiles, bicycles, electronics, pharmaceuticals, soaps, detergents and food and dairy products
The Shamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. or SVC Cooperative Bank Limited, is a banking company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 a scheduled bank, and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. The bank was set up when co-operation was just started in the country. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of the Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. The Bank is present in 10 States of India. Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. After that in 1911, the facilities for remittance were made available to the members by the draft. In 1913, the cash credit scheme was introduced by the bank. In 1956, facilities were thrown open to all communities. In 1988, the Shamrao Vithal bank was conferred the scheduled bank status.